Driver Medical Fitness for Duty
Drivers Are Critical to Highway Safety
For commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers, the most important safety feature is YOU – the driver! Each time you turn the key, you are responsible for your own safety, as well as the safety of all the people who share the road with you. The physical examination you take for your medical certificate confirms that you are healthy enough to safely perform the demanding job of a CMV driver and keep our Nation’s roads safe.
DOT Medical Exam and Commercial Motor Vehicle Certification
About the Exam
A Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination must be conducted by a licensed “medical examiner” listed on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry. Clinica Medica Familiar practitioners are certified medical examiners by the FMCSA to perform DOT physical exams.
A DOT physical exam is valid for up to 24 months. The medical examiner may also issue a medical examiner’s certificate for less than 24 months when it is desirable to monitor a condition, such as high blood pressure.
If your medical examiner finds that the person examined is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle (CMV), the medical examiner will furnish one copy of the results to the person who was examined and complete a Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
Clinica Medica Familiar now offers DOT / DMV Physical Exams
- Clinica Medica Familiar Practitioners are Certified by the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- A Medical Examination Report MASTER MCSA-5875 is completed same day.
- A Medical Examiner’s Certificate MCSA 5876 is completed same day.
- Same day appointments. Call:
- Rialto Clinica Medica Familiar (909) 877-8868
- Ontario Clinica Medica Familiar (909) 988-3288
- Montebello Clinica Medica Familiar y Dental (323) 712-4811